Job Offer: Account Manager InterDam
Our Mission We create the safest area possible for people and equipment working in hazardous environments. We are your shield in the field.
Our field, our Core business Saving. Protecting. It is the core business at InterDam. Protecting priceless lives and essential assets with our fire and blast resistant doors, walls, windows and cladding. We optimize welded, built-up or sandwich panels for people’s safety. This expertise has become indispensable for areas where shielding is key.
Our Workfield The world. On- and offshore oil & gas, offshore wind, LNG facilities, defense and infrastructure. Serve as product leader, close to our customers.
In July 2020 InterDam and Van Dam, the two leading manufacturers of fire and explosion resistant products, joined forces. By completing the merger Value Enhancement Partners, Berend Groeneveld and Groupe Gorgé united the two Dutch companies, which share the same roots, under one name: InterDam.
Requirements – Account Manager Infra
- Bachelor or Master (HBO or WO) in Engineering combined with commercial experience
- Minimum of 2-4 yrs of technical/commercial experience in infra (tunnel), oil and gas, offshore wind, defense or similar technical market
- Responsible for engineering proposals
- Work closely with the Tender Manager and other Account Managers in distributing work efficiently within the internal sales team
- Support the Sales Managers in their international workfield, consequently your verbal and written English is excellent. The internal working language is Dutch and is therefore essential.
- Capable of highlighting/explaining the benefits and technical specifications of InterDam’s products to prospective clients at tunnel/infra projects, oil & gas operators, wind farm developers, EPC’s, construction yards and other markets.
- In cooperation with the Sales Manager, translate the customer’s requirements and technical specifications into a concrete technical and commercial proposal with appropriate terms
- Work with the internal technical team to develop robust technical proposals to meet and exceed the client’s needs
- Ensure an appropriate handover to the operations project team to ensure an effective execution of the project
- During project execution, provide commercial support and input to the operations project team
- Your workfield with clients is from the office, but occasionally you will be asked to support the Sales Manager to land large projects by joining the client meetings, so travelling will be part of your job. Build on existing international network of business contacts and maintain existing InterDam relationships
- Combine technical knowledge with commercial acumen.
- Combine hands-on mentality with sharp analytical technical skills
- Proactive attitude – pragmatic, problem solver
- Empathic and commercial attitude and focus on technical understanding of the business
- Ambitious team player, able to integrate in family business culture – former family business with private equity owner
Your shield in the field – customer intimacy is key!
Know your client, ask what he/she wants, know what he/she needs. Understand how our customers can be successful using our solutions. Strive for product leadership in our markets
A challenging opportunity for a sales engineer with ambition A role with growth potential in a sales team of a successful and growing business Development modules in InterDam Academy for technical and commercial growth Competitive compensation package.