Job Offer: Sales Manager InterDam Infra
Our Mission We create the safest area possible for people and equipment working in hazardous environments. We are your shield in the field.
Our field, our Core business Saving. Protecting. It is the core business at InterDam. Protecting priceless lives and essential assets with our fire and blast resistant doors, walls, windows and cladding. We optimize welded, built-up or sandwich panels for people’s safety. This expertise has become indispensable for areas where shielding is key.
Our Workfield The world. On- and offshore oil & gas, offshore wind, LNG facilities, defense and infrastructure. Serve as product leader, close to our customers.
In July 2020 InterDam and Van Dam, the two leading manufacturers of fire and explosion resistant products, joined forces. By completing the merger Value Enhancement partners, Berend Groeneveld and Groupe Gorgé united the two Dutch companies, which share the same roots under one name: InterDam.
Requirements – Sales Manager Infra
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering or HBO Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 yrs of technical/commercial experience in infra. Alternatively experience in oil and gas/energy, offshore wind, defense or similar safety focused technical market
- Minimum of 3 yrs of experience in tender, proposal or technical sales
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- Responsible for InterDam’s expansion in the infra business. Main focus in the infra market are specialized doors for tunnels.
- Developing network in the infra market by all stakeholders, from regulators to prospective customers and tunnel building consortia. Build on existing international network of business contacts and maintain existing InterDam relationships.
- Pro-actively identify additional business opportunities, for example strategic alliances, new customers, new customer segments and product development.
- Reporting on status of activities and projects is key for proper management information and decision making and an important part of your responsibilities.
- Capable of presenting the benefits and consulting on technical specifications of InterDam’s products for Tunnel/Infra projects as well as oil & gas operators, wind farm developers, EPC’s, construction yards and other markets.
- Developing leads with potential customers and generating requests for proposals.
- Work with a proposal engineer in translating the customer’s requirements and technical specifications into a concrete commercial proposal.
- Ability to negotiate and close deals with clients and create a win-win for the customer(s) and for InterDam
- During project execution, provide commercial support and input to the project team
- Combine technical skills with sales competencies, we need best of both worlds.
- Capable of representing InterDam as reputable ambassador. Frequent travelling is part of your job.
- Your working field is the world, consequently your verbal and written English is excellent. The internal working language is Dutch and is therefore essential.
- Combine hands-on mentality with strategic skills and excellent management reporting
- Proactive entrepreneurial attitude – goal getter, sales tiger, pragmatic
- Empathic and commercial attitude and focus on technical understanding of the business
- Ambitious team player, able to integrate in SME business culture – former family business with private equity owner
Cultural values Your shield in the field – customer intimacy is key!
Know your client, ask what he/she wants, know what he/she needs. Understand how our customers can be successful using our solutions. Strive for product leadership in our market.
A highly interesting job for a Sales talent with technical aptitude who can combine ambition with humbleness & entrepreneurial skills. The Sales Manager position offers potential future growth within the team as part of a growing and successful business with an ambitious Sales team. Personal development programs in technical and commercial expertise. Competitive compensation package.